Thursday, March 1, 2012

.Finding Out.

Finding out you have scoliosis can be hard. Trust me, I know.

Sometimes its a bigger deal than other times. Some people find out when they only have a slight case of it. Others find out when their scoliosis has gotten to the point that it is pretty bad.

When I first found out, my scoliosis wasn't to bad, I was told that it would probably get worse, but to not worry. At first, I didn't worry, but then I did. especially after I was told that I was almost to the point of needing to have surgery. hat scared the crap out of me.

Its okay to be scared though. Its not a bad thing. If your not scared of things, then you cant be confident in things either. Just like how there has to be dark to be light.

Things that helped me when I was feeling especially scared, and even now, that my scoliosis is the worst its ever been, is friends, family, and prayer. Im always talking to my friends about my back, occasionally I cry. Its okay!! Crying is not a bad thing! Just be sure your not doing it all the time!!

Remember that when you first find out, you are still just as capable to do everything that you were before, and later on in life you are too! Sometimes the doctors will suggest that you don't do a few certain things, but its alright, there is still sooooo much that you can do!!

Another thing that helps me when Im upset, but don feel like talking to anyone about it, is journaling, or writing a letter to someone, but to never send it. It just lets you get everything out... Its really nice sometimes.

Remember to just enjoy life!! Life is one the most amazing things ever!! You are here to have fun!! So enjoy it!! Even with any trials you are going through!!


No comments:

Post a Comment