Wednesday, March 7, 2012

.Physical Therapy.

Its an option. it really is. Don't believe doctors when they tell you that its not. It is, and it really can work! I do know this one from personal experience.

I have been doing physical therapy since the end of my 7th grade year. (I am now in the middle of my 10th). I have found that it really helps. If I actually do it.

The first few weeks of my intense therapy sessions, the curves in my spine decreased by almost 15 degrees. If I would have stayed for another two weeks, just think about how much better my spine could have gotten!! It could have been almost back to zero degrees!!

It got worse after i went home for a while, because I wasn't the most compliant with doing the exercised that he assigned me to do. i know that if I would have, my spine would have been at least at the same curvature when i went back. The next time, I did just a week of intensive therapy, after that week, I was a lot more compliant with my exercises, and I kept my curvature the same, I think I may have even decreased it a little. It continued like this for a while.

Lately, I haven't been doing my therapy. I can really tell a difference. My scoliosis is getting worse, and I am a lot more sore these days. I advise, that you keep up on your therapies, then you will feel so much better, and be able to get over your scoliosis faster, and more comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment